"TLC" sessions are more ‘solution focused’ than traditional counseling & is much less focus on the past, but a well defined problem, goal, & potential solutions.
These sessions are typically offered when the schedule for regular ongoing sessions are full or you are unsure about starting counseling and looking for additional recommendations.
What is TLC Single Session Therapy?
Therapeutic Lifestyle Changes (TLCs) are changes such as:
- Implementing a routine for exercise & healthy diet
- Developing supportive relationships
- Identifying interests and hobbies
- Exploring spirituality
- Improving resilience & overall wellness.
This could be for you:
- Former clients or those already familiar with the counseling process and possibly need a refresher to build upon past skills learned and add new ones to your coping skills.
- Not currently experiencing an active episode of anxiety, depression, or any other serious mental health issue.
- Seeking personal growth, have a well defined problem & goal, & together we determine your concern can likely be resolved in a short period of time.
- Consider yourself to be a self-starter and currently have the time and motivation to apply the skills taught on your own.