Enhancing Counselor Collaboration in Healthcare
Many counselors & mental health professionals receive their first jobs & training in healthcare environments but most have not received education or formal training working alongside medical professionals. As counselors we often learn informally from other disciplines & not leveraging the training of the counseling profession. As integrated healthcare becomes more the standard, counselors who are better equipped to collaborate with other healthcare providers & ultimately better serve their clients.
If you are still under supervision or newly licensed, work in a healthcare setting or considering collaborating with physicians & other healthcare specialties consider an introductory consultation session, customized consultation package, or continuing education opportunity when offered via webinar or live.
- Consultation v Collaboration
- Collaborative care models
- Cultural competence in collaboration
- What differentiates counselors from other mental health professionals
- Specialties for counselors in healthcare to consider