About Dr. Tashika
In May 2009, I established TLC Counseling & Consulting Services LLC in Atlanta’s South Fulton County, where I focus on the mental health & wellness of women of color. My vision is to help women move from "Wholeness to Wellness". Most of the women I work with do not have a serious mental illness, but unresolved trauma and poor coping skills for life’s stressors. Beginning counseling is not always an easy decision, but it doesn’t have to be. Counseling is investment in your personal growth and it can even be exciting seeing yourself becoming the person you know you could always be.
I truly believe in the healing power of the counseling relationship, which is an delicate balance of science and art. I am a life long learner & stay current in new counseling approaches and well-read in the most recent research. I have received extensive training in different treatments for trauma-informed interventions including: dialectical behavior therapy, attachment-based therapies, and cognitive behavioral therapy.
TLC collaborates and consults with other mental health and healthcare professionals that are integral in the lives of clients including: primary care physicians, employers, and other mental health providers. I am dedicated to educating others about mental health and wellness. Consultation services are provided upon request and individually tailored to the need.
Education & Training
- BA in Psychology from Seton Hall University (NJ)
- MA in Clinical Psychology from Georgia School of Professional Psychology/Argosy University-Atlanta
- EdD in Counselor Education & Supervision from Argosy University-Atlanta
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in GA - 2006
- Certified Professional Counselor Supervisor (CPCS) - 2015
- Employee Assistance Specialist-Certified (EAS-C) - 2015
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional (CCTP) - 2019
- Adjunct Professor - Southern New Hampshire University
Outside of work, I enjoy spending time with my husband, our daughter, family, and friends. I also practice wellness by growing spiritually, practicing yoga & pilates, and enjoying the many restaurants and cultural events that Atlanta has to offer, and traveling as much as possible.